1-day LMIC toxicity workshop
The CLEAR conference organizers are pleased to invite 14 researchers/clinicians from low- and middle-income countries (LMIC) to participate in a post-CLEAR one-day toxicity workshop with CLEAR conference and workshop participation and travel fees being covered. We will prioritize researchers/clinicians working in dyads (= 2 per center or at least per leukemia study group) as this generally improves implementation of the learned strategies.
The workshop will take place on June 3rd – June 4th (following the CLEAR conference, June 1st-3rd).
This workshop is a new initiative, launched to address childhood ALL toxicity registration and analysis in LMIC in order to enable future collaborations across leukemia study groups from all parts of the world.
High-dose methotrexate related nephrotoxicity is chosen as the model toxicity to be addressed, but thromboembolism, osteonecrosis, and asparaginase-associated acute pancreatitis will also be discussed.
The workshop will include the following sessions:
- Presentations of own data capture and registration strategies and data (if available)
- Discussion of data collection tools such as resonance.org and extraction of data from medical charts
- Challenges when collecting clinical data on toxicities
- Pharmacokinetics modeling of MTX concentrations
- When is re-exposure acceptable in case of clinical toxicity
We offer coverage of the following expenses
- Travel costs up to 1,000 Euros per person
- Conference fee for the main CLEAR conference and the LMIC workshop
- Accommodation, food and (non-alcoholic) beverages during the conference
How to apply
Send a short application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your title, daily workplace, and functions, how your clinical work relates to childhood ALL toxicity, and if you collaborate closely with another conference/workshop applicant.
Applicants are required to work with childhood ALL toxicity in a clinical setting in a LMIC, and to be active in or motivated for initiating research within this field. We will prioritize two applicants from the same treatment center/ALL study group.
Applications will be evaluated once received – thus, please apply as soon as possible.
Deadline for application is May 1st, 2023